«Деньги… Действительно ли деньги правят миром» - страница №1/1
Рафикова Гузал Маснавиевна –
учитель английского языка
Звучит песня «Money» в исполнении группы «АВВА».
Т.: Good morning! I’m sure you know this song. Do you like it? I think it is eternal problem: money, the shortage of money. If only we had enough money! Today we are going to speak about money, not only about dollars and pounds, but about our “wooden” roubles too. Today we’ll learn some new facts from the history of money and we’ll try to answer some very important and controversial questions: “Does money really make the world go round? Can money make us happier?”. We’ll revise some grammar material.
T.: People work for money, they sometimes make friends for money, they love, live and die, for money. Why does money rule the world, why do people need money? Where can we get it and spend it. These are the questions everyone would like to answer. First of all I’d like you to answer some my questions:
Предполагаемые ответы учащихся:
T.: Read and learn some facts from the history of money (ознакомление с новой лексикой).
Текст для чтения:
Now fill the table. There are 4 columns in the table.
Now let’s discuss in groups.
What facts did you know before?
What new information have you learned from the text?
Are there any facts in the text you don’t understand?
T.: The next task is very interesting.
You can see some expressions and word – combinations connected with money. Try to find what they mean.
1. To put money into … a) … to marry someone whose
family is rich.
2. Funny money… b) … to be very rich.
3. To roll in money… c) … money that you earn very
4. Money for jam… d) … to use your money in order to
make a profit.
5. Pocket money… e) … a small amount of money you
can use to buy small things.
6. To marry into money… f) … money that has been printed
T.: Money is a very important thing for people, so there are a lot of proverbs and sayings about it. You can see some proverbs written on dollar bills, but their beginnings and endings are written on the different parts. Try to match them. Find Russian equivalents.
Money has – no smell. Деньги не пахнут.
Muck and money – go together. Грязь и деньги ходят рядом.
Lend your money – and lose your friend. Хочешь потерять друга, одолжи ему деньги.
Time is – money. Время – деньги.
It is time to check up your grammar.
Fill in the gaps using the past tense of verbs from the box.
* buy *sell *win *lose *waste *pay *find *cost *spend *give
1. My car was five years old, so I ____ it and ____ a new one.
2. It was very sad when I ____ my watch in the street. It was a present from my wife and it _____ her a lot of money. Fortunately, somebody ____ it the next day and took it to a Police Station.
3. I ____ over ₤ 2.000 for my computer, but it isn’t worth very much now.
4. My father ____ me ₤50 last week but I ____ most of it on a ticket for a concert on Friday.
5. Last week somebody ____ ₤1000 in a game on TV. It was incredibly exciting.
6. I’m afraid I ____ my money on those CDs because I never play them.
Let’s play a little. The game is called “Chains of events”. Use the second conditional and don’t forget that you should start your own sentence from the previous one.
You should start your chain of events with the words:
If I were a millionaire… I would buy a lottery ticket
If I won I million dollars in a I would buy an Island
If I bought an Island… I would build a big house there
If I built a big house… I would have parties every day
If I had parties every day… I would invite all my friends
If I invited all my friends… I would spend all my money.
And now let’s discuss a little. Try to give your answers to my questions.
It’s time to come to the conclusion. Let’s make a list of advantages and disadvantages of money.
Advantages of money Disadvantages of money
You can buy whatever you want You are afraid to lose your money
You can travel all over the world Everybody asks you to lend money
You needn’t work It’s difficult to find real friends
You can always help
Your relatives and friends
The phrases may help:
I think the most important thing in life is…
The one thing I’d like to have is…
So we can make a conclusion that money is not on the first place.
I have a question which may seem surprising. Do you like poetry? Do you think it’s difficult to write poems? Let’s do it together.
If the weather isn’t sunny
So you’ve got too little (money)
When you travel England around
Then you need not rouble, but (pound)
If you fly to system solar,
You will surely need (a dollar).
Of you course, it’s a joke. This poem is not serious at all. But the topic of our today’s conversation was rather serious.
What have we learned at the lesson? (учащиеся перечисляют). Учащиеся отвечают на вопросы: Does money really make the world go round? Can money make us happier?
Your homework is to put the words from the box in the correct places in the sentences below.
2. She has got a lot of ____ in her bank account.
3. It costs ₤10 if you are paying ____. It’ll be more if you pay by cheque.
4. Can you change this pound hot into ____ for coffee machine.
I’d like to thank you for good work at the lesson. Your marks are…
I wish you be healthy and wealthy.
The lesson is over. Good – bye!